- Saturday, October 29th, 3:45 pm to 5:00 pm
- Iberian BC, Omni La Mansión
- Ross AndersenSenior editor, the Atlantic
- Laura HelmuthHealth, science & environment editor, the Washington Post
- Victoria JaggardOnline science editor, National Geographic
- Derek MeadEditor-in-chief, Motherboard
- Lauren MorelloU.S. Chief of correspondents, Nature
- April ReeseManaging editor, COSMOS
- Pamela WeintraubPsychology, Neuroscience and Medical Editor, Aeon
- Douglas Foxfreelancer
Bring your story idea to Pitch Slam 2016, where you can present it to a panel of editors and get immediate feedback on how to make the story work for the editors’ publications. Each editor will start by providing a tour of their publication and what they look for in pitches. Writers will then go up to a microphone one by one and briefly pitch their ideas (with a strict time limit, likely to be 60 seconds), and the whole audience will hear the panel of editors react to the pitch. This is a great way to get to know various editors and get insights into how they think.
Please note that PIOs are welcome to pitch freelance story ideas to the panel, however, they must not be stories that come from, or involve, the institution in any way.