- Sunday, October 30th, 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Iberian, Omni la Mansión del Rio
- Daniela HernandezDigital science editor, the Wall Street Journal
- Scott NiekumAssistant professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin
- Andrea ThomazAssociate professor of electrical and computer engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- Hal HodsonEditor and reporter, New Scientist
Following Mark Riedl's presentation, reporters and artificial-intelligence researchers will discuss what science writers need to know about AI and who will and should reap its benefits. Journalists tasked with reporting on the rapid development of machine learning risk perpetuating popular misperceptions of how artificial neural networks and other AI algorithms work and what their limitations are. The panel will ask who will and should benefit from the new technologies being rapidly developed from research on machine learning.
Social media hashtag: #insideai